In the Footsteps of Those Who Came Before
The Kilaear live in the Western Jungles of Bamal. They make their homes largely in the trees and travel between buildings on a series of wood platforms and rope bridges. The Kilaear are short, thin humanoids who are extremely dexterous, but frail. To hunt and protect themselves against things stronger than themselves, the Kilaear have become skilled with the use of ranged weapons such as blow guns and bows, as well as traps. Nearly all of their weapons are poisoned with concoctions created from the many toxic flora and fauna found in the jungle.
The Kilaear are fine weavers and craftsmen, and their cloth and goods are highly valued as trade items. They prize music and Walk-Abouts are given very high status among the Kilaear. They have the natural ability to “see” how things work, and the Kilaear who have traveled to the Green City have played a large role in reconstructing the technology of Those Who Came Before.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Kilaears are nimble and strong-willed, but their small stature makes them weaker than other races.
- Small: Kilaears are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Slow Speed: Kilaears have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Fearless: Kilaears receive a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear. This bonus stacks with the bonus granted by Kilaear luck.
- Kilaear Luck: Kilaears receive a +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- Keen Senses: Kilaears receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
- Sure-Footed: Kilaears receive a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb skill checks.
- Weapon Familiarity: Kilaears are proficient with all simple ranged weapons and are trained in the use of poison and cannot accidentally poison themselves when applying poison to a weapon.