In the Footsteps of Those Who Came Before
Raven bunyips are a race of avian humanoids that resemble crows or ravens, and often bear much of the same stigma. Though they frequently choose to live among other races in densely populated warrens, their society is tight and closed, and they rarely allow others to see its inner workings. Raven bunyips often band together in small groups to create roosts in vacant warehouses or condemned buildings, and these raucous gathering places are generally assumed to be thieves’ guilds by outsiders—an assumption that’s correct roughly half the time.
Like the crows they share physical traits with, raven bunyips are naturally covetous, especially of shiny or colorful items, and prone to bouts of good-natured kleptomania if they don’t carefully keep themselves in check. Vain and prideful creatures, they are easily persuaded with flattery.
All raven bunyips have the following racial traits:
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom: Raven bunyips are fast and observant, but relatively fragile and delicate.
- Senses: Raven bunyips have low-light vision.
- Sneaky: Raven bunyips gain a +2 racial bonus on Perception and Stealth.
- Swordtrained: Raven bunyips are trained from birth in swordplay, and as a result are automatically proficient with sword-like weapons (including bastard swords, daggers, elven curve blades, falchions, greatswords, kukris, longswords, punching daggers, rapiers, scimitars, short swords, and two-bladed swords).
- Natural Weapon: Raven bunyips possess a bite natural attack that inflicts 1d3 points of damage on a hit. This is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the Raven bunyip wields a manufactured weapon.