In the Footsteps of Those Who Came Before
Monkey bunyips are intelligent, simian humanoids who live in deep forests and jungles. They are both agile and clever, but saddled with boundless curiosity and a love of pranks that, while normally harmless, hinder ingratiation with those they encounter. A monkey bunyip’s body is covered in a thin coat of soft fur, and individuals with chestnut, ivory, and even golden coats are common. Despite its fur, a monkey bunyip can grow lengthy hair on its head just like a human, and both male and female Monkey bunyips take pains to wear elaborate hairstyles for important social functions. The hair on a monkey bunyip’s head matches the color of its fur. All monkey bunyips have long, prehensile tails and handlike feet capable of well-articulated movements. A monkey bunyip stands slightly shorter than a typical human. Males weigh from 150 to 200 pounds at most, with females weighing slightly less. Monkey bunyips live for 60 to 75 years.
All monkey bunyips have the following racial traits:
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma: Monkey bunyips are agile and strong, but are also rather mischievous.
- Climb Speed: Monkey bunyips have a climb speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Monkey bunyips can see twice as far as a human in conditions of dim light.
- Nimble: Monkey bunyips have a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Stealth checks.
- Prehensile Tail (Ex): All Monkey bunyips have long, flexible tails that they can use to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tails, but the tails do allow them to retrieve small stowed objects carried on their persons as a swift action.